Monday, April 7, 2014

Introduction to the Magic Trading Portfolio

Welcome new subscribers to the blog. Let me first introduce myself to you. My name is Kevin Araujo, I'm from a city just outside Toronto called Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. I'm a professional trader who trades stocks, options, currencies and futures.
Me trading in Muskoka (cottage country)
I know the importance of trading using a plan and the importance of being prepared. So over my time trading I have developed a few strategies that I use for different circumstances and time frames to trade different asset classes. I have been very successful using these strategies. One thing you'll notice is my use of two moving averages, the 8 EMA and the 89 EMA. Why these two numbers? Well, a mentor of mine is very close friends with some wall street market makers and he was told that they use the 8 and 89 EMA. After some experience using these two moving averages I found some really interesting coincidences using them. Hopefully you'll stick around with the blog long enough to learn for yourself, through my trades, how I use these averages and how they work very well with my strategy.

My blog is not financial advice as I am not a certified financial advisor. What is it, is a look into my personal portfolio, the setups I'm looking to take with a breakdown of my entry points, stop loss and targets. I use this blog as a way of tracking what I'm looking at, making notes regarding what I am seeing and learning from my trades and as a way of staying disciplined with following my trading rules.You may find my way of analyzing charts is different from most, and you would be right. Thats because I don't trade like the average trader does. What I do is look for demand and supply on a chart. The areas where the big institutions are buying and selling because it is they who move the price and no one else. It is their orders or unfilled orders that make price move in a certain direction. Truth is, the big institutions want you to trade the way that is taught in all the trading books because it is they who are taking the opposite trade. Thats why 95% or so of traders lose money and the big institutions make money. So going forward, use my blog whatever way you see fit, I hope you will learn a lot and if you have any questions feel free to email me at magictrader@outlook.com. If you replicate any of the trades I take, good luck, if you make money let me know and if you don't, well, take responsibility for it as I am not asking you to take any of my trades.

You were told that you can't time the markets, well welcome to the Magic Trading Portfolio!

Let's take a look at the portfolio and the updates to the positions and setups I'm watching...

SHADED GREEN ZONES = Strong Buy Zones
SHADED RED ZONES = Strong Sell Zones
Questions or comments email me -> magictrader@outlook.com

Markets Overview:
Take note of the green demand zones mapped out below. These areas are where there are the unfilled orders from the institutions. Until the market drops down to these levels there isn't much demand to propel these markets to higher highs. So if we see the markets collapse next week, I am putting my money on the zones shown below in green as being where the markets will bounce from. The past has shown, that I've been around 95% accurate with timing market bounces. I'm not perfect, but I am extremely accurate.
April 5th

$SPY --> Markets retracing nicely after hitting some new highs. Below I have outlined where we could most likely expect a nice bounce from. Will the bounce last? That's the question, it might. I know I will play some short term $185 Calls for a nice profit when it gets down there.
April 5th

April 7th Option WINNER Update -> As planned, $SPY bounced from the 30 min demand zone and I played the $185 call options as I said I would for a quick 22% profit. Take a look at the chart.
April 9th Update -> $SPY bounced off of the lower 30 min demand zone I have outlined on the chart above. Now rallying up and giving long positions a boost.


Currencies:
The Million Dollar Strategy:
Chart Setup --> Chart has an 89 period EMA and an 8 period EMA, RSI indicator of 60 overbought and 40 oversold.
Buying or Selling when price enters a 240 minute area of demand/supply outlined by the green zone/red zone. First target will be opposing 240 min supply zone/demand zone and or once price crosses the 89 EMA then a close below/above the 8 EMA will be the sign to take profit or close the trade.

EURUSD --> I am waiting for the EURO to drop a little further down for me to activate this trade.
April 3rd Update -> Due to news this am, the EURO is now heading toward entry point.
April 4th Entry -> Trade activated, came into zone after a couple bounces.
April 7th -> the EURO has taken off this am as expected. Will be watching it for a cross up above the 89 EMA so that the 8 EMA profit taking rule takes effect.
April 8th update -> trade is looking really good so far. 8 EMA has crossed above the 89 EMA which now lets me concentrate on the 8 EMA. Once price closes below the 8 EMA I will take partial profits.
April 9th Update -> Position was added to twice this am, EURO showing great strength. I still believe we see this sucker head toward my two targets on the chart. But I will be watching the 1.38700 area because this is where on the 30 min chart we had previous demand become supply. On March 24th we had an aggressive drop from this area so we may see another temporary drop from here again. Possible area to take profit and then add to position again on the dip.


AUDUSD --> Looking for the Aussie dollar to rally a little higher to the 240 supply up above.
April 8th Entry -> Trade activated, entry was taken over night. In at .93128.
April 8th Exit -> Trade stopped out. 
Question is why? After examining the setup I noted the following:
1) Price traded a few too many times around the supply zone making the zone weaker.
2) The creation of the zone wasn't good enough. I like to see a larger, faster and harder drop from the area than what was made.

GBPUSD --> Looking for a retrace into the 240 demand below to take entry.

GBPUSD --> Pressure seems to be on the downside, so if this rallies up again into this nice 240 supply zone, I'll look to short it down to the demand zone labeled in the chart above.
April 8th Entry -> Trade activated. Entry was take at the supply zone that was planned but since it was taken over night and my trading platform wasn't open, no stop loss was put in place above that zone so i added more to my position this morning. Average price is 1.6674. Playing this one off the other Daily Supply zone mapped on chart. 
April 8th Exit -> Trade stopped out. 
After review of the setup. The supply level used was not fresh, meaning that the wasn't any unfilled sell order at this level because it was only a reaction from the level before it.

GBPUSD --> Looking for the British Pound to rally up into the 240 min supply zone mapped out below for a short position. I really like this supply zone as it was created as a reaction to a previous demand zone. These make the best zones to trade from. May take some time to setup, will be patient.


Futures:
The 30 Minute Chart Strategy:
Chart Setup --> Chart has an 89 period EMA and an 8 period EMA, RSI indicator of 60 overbought and 40 oversold.
Buying or Selling when price enters a 30 minute area of demand/supply outlined by the green zone/red zone. First target will be opposing 30 min supply zone/demand zone and or once price crosses the 89 EMA then a close below/above the 8 EMA will be the sign to take profit or close the trade.
The 240 Minute Chart Strategy:
Buying or Selling when price enters a 240 minute area of demand/supply outlined by the green zone/red zone. First target will be opposing 240 min supply zone/demand zone and or once price crosses the 89 EMA then a close below/above the 8 EMA will be the sign to take profit or close the trade.

$NG --> (30 Min) Nat Gas looks like it wants to drop a little after this rally. If if does, I'll look to go long in the 30 min demand zone shown on the chart and then this will become a 30 Minute Chart Strategy from there. One target is outlined on the chart.

$NG --> (30 Min) Played this one really well in the past and now will wait for it to rally up to the supply zone above to short it.

$NG --> (240 Min) Played this one really well in the past and now will wait for it to rally up to the supply zone above to short it.
April 3rd Update -> Nat Gas came pretty close to the entry zone and dropped. Still waiting for more of a rally.
April 7th Update -> Nat Gas came into my sell zone very slowly and inched up, not the way i'd like to see it so watching is closely and probably will skip this trade.

$SI --> (240 Min) Silver just bounced off 240 min demand and is heading upward into a nice 240 supply zone where I will short it and decide on targets.


Stocks & Options:
The 30 Minute Chart Strategy:
Chart Setup --> Chart has an 89 period EMA, a 45 period EMA and an 8 period EMA, RSI indicator of 60 overbought and 40 oversold.
Buying or Selling when price enters a 30 minute area of demand/supply outlined by the green zone/red zone. First target will be opposing 30 min supply zone/demand zone and or once price crosses the 89 EMA then a close below/above the 8 EMA will be the sign to take profit or close the trade. If price action is strong, then I will add to position when price touches the 45 EMA.
The Daily Chart Strategy:
Chart Setup --> Chart has an 89 period EMA and an 8 period EMA, RSI indicator of 60 overbought and 40 oversold.
Buying or Selling when price enters a  daily of demand/supply outlined by the green zone/red zone. First target will be opposing daily supply zone/demand zone and or once price closes below/above the 8 EMA will be the sign to take profit or close the trade.

$ARWR --> (Daily) Would like to see this one retrace a bit more into this daily demand area before I get onboard.

$DHRM --> (Daily) Would like to see this one retrace a bit more into this daily demand area before I get onboard.

$ALR --> (Daily - Options) Would like to see this one retrace a bit more into this daily demand area before I get on board.

$ARUN --> (Daily) Would like to see this one retrace a bit more into this daily demand area before I get onboard.

$ISR --> (30) Everyone is talking about this one these days. Nailed the short call on this one today. I believe we see more downside tomorrow. 30 minute supply zone mapped out here on chart where I will take my short entry with two targets below.
April 7 Update -> up in premarket based on article http://finance.yahoo.com/news/isoray-announces-worlds-first-human-130000650.html so no trade for me.
April 9th update -> haven't been able to take my eyes off this one, still think it cracks and drops to my targets. It rallied up to my higher 30 min supply zone and dropped from there.

$HIMX --> (Daily) if $HIMX retraces downwards from here, I'll be interested to take this one long from the zone mapped out below.

$IRWD --> (30) Hit the demand zone already but may retrace again before it takes off to the targets outlined.
April 4th Update -> Trade activated, in at 11.27 small starter position, very low risk entry. This will be a 30 min chart strategy play.
April 4th position -> Position looks great so far, noticed it also just bounced from a weekly demand zone meaning that this thing is def going up!
April 4th Exit/New Setup -> got stopped out of my position after it rallied up, only to drop a little further down within the weekly demand zone. I found another 30 min demand zone this will most likely rise up from. I've outlined a few targets I'll be aiming at.
April 7th Update -> missed entry into this sucker, but take a look at the perfect call so far, retraced to demand zone and then took off.
April 8th update -> this one has dropped now to the last demand zone within the weekly demand zone, so if it falls from here it will be in freefall. RSI is building strength so we may see a bounce here.

$GWPH --> (Daily) Would like to see this one retrace a bit more to the demand zone below. Two targets are outlined but RSI may be below 40 when it hits, so will judge when that happens.

$ACXM --> (Daily) this one is dropping hard and there's no strong demand until it hits a weekly demand area noted on the chart below. I'll accumulate shares within the green demand area and have targets outlined.

$ADSK --> (Daily - Options) I like playing this one and have many times before. Noticed it has been retracing slowly with the market and if timed right, both will be entering into demand areas together. $ADSK is heading into weekly demand meaning there's is a high probability that this thing goes up from there. That being said, I'll be looking to play some call options from the green zone shown on the chart.

$RCAP --> (Daily) scanner picked this one up for momentum. Been very strong in the bearish market, should we have more downside in the market, I'll be looking for this one to drop into the daily demand zone where I'll take it long and trade it based on my daily chart strategy.

$HART --> (30) This one just bounced of a great 30 min demand zone and looks to be headed upwards, I'll keep an eye out for a retrace to buy in and notify on twitter. Target is outlined below. But this will be a 30 min chart strategy play.
April 9th update -> so $HART retraced, missed the first dip but 2nd dip provided a great entry. Now up over 13%.

$SBUX --> (30 - Options) waiting for $SBUX to retrace down a little further to the 30 minute demand zone at the $69 range. Right now it's bouncing off a zone that has been previously touched so I don't think it will hold this level. Unless the market shows strength and $SBUX continues with a rally. Will watch this one close to see if it retraces and if it does, I'll be looking to take on some Call options until my target.

$TWTR --> (Daily - Options) Twitter is retracing straight back to it's beginnings. In fact its heading right into a weekly/daily demand zone. This is the area where institutions bought twitter heavily. All we need is a little help with the markets going up and twitter is set to have another run up. I'll be playing some Call Options to the targets outlined in the chart.
April 9 Update -> as expected, twitter dropped into the daily demand zone by .05cents and has been up since.
April 9 Option $42 Call -> Bought option this am as I missed entry yesterday before close.



OTC's:

WPWR --> (30) This one just bounced of a great 30 min demand zone and looks to be headed upwards, I'll keep an eye out for a retrace to buy in and notify on twitter. Target is outlined below. But this will be a 30 min chart strategy play.
April 8th update -> trade looking great so far, up 17% from entry point.
April 9th update -> trade still looking great, now up 46%.








No comments:

Post a Comment